Happy New Year, Life Raft listeners!
We’re busy readying the second half of the Life Raft season, but we still wanted you to feast your ears on some climate content, so here’s a story for you.
It’s all about our attachment to place in the face of climate change — our connection to the land, our ways of life, and how we emotionally process what it means for those places to be threatened by climate change.
This story was originally produced by Davis Land for Houston Public Media. Davis is currently a senior producer for Slate’s daily news podcast, What Next.
What If We Just…Made Our Houses Float? – Life Raft
- What If We Just…Made Our Houses Float?
- Could Flood Insurance Sink Us Before The Water Does?
- What Would It Take For Louisiana To Go Carbon Neutral By 2050?
- How Much Can We Blame The 2020 Hurricane Season On Climate Change?
- Bonus Episode: Confronting The Loss That Climate Change Promises
Got a question you want us to explore? Send it to us!
For bonus pictures and extra fun vibes, follow us on social media. We’re on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Support for WWNO’s Coastal Desk comes from the Greater New Orleans Foundation, the Walton Family Foundation, and local listeners.